Tuesday 15 October 2013

Another learning curve

Hello everyone,

I have finally taken the plunge and decided to create a blog.  Now that I am slightly less busy without the shop I thought it was time to become upskilled!!  This technology stuff can be taxing on a brain that is slightly the worse for wear.
It has been great to be quilting again on my longarm (Nolting) and over the past year I have had to do lots of research into what the different styles of quilting are out there now.  With being out of full time quilting for the some years, styles have changed and it is always important to be up with the play.
Yesterday I finished another custom quilt and was very pleased with the way the quilt came out.  Had pondered for quite some time on how to quilt this particular heart quilt as this lovely quilter friend had put her interpretation on a quilt pattern of  mine.  I have put some photos up for you to see.
I look forward to meeting lots of fellow quilter and hope you enjoy my blog.


 The finished quilt. It was quite difficult to see when quilting.  I used a So Fine thread in a dark charcoal as black would have just disappeared.

 A close up of the echoing around the hearts.  It was very difficult to take photos because it is a black quilt.

 A view from the back....the flash made the black seem quite light!

Another look at the back.  It did look good when finished and Felicity was pleased with it.

Thank you for looking at my blog and I hope you will come back again.

Blessings
Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment