Thursday 24 April 2014

Olivia's quilt is almost finished...

I am just waiting for the binding fabric to arrive tomorrow and then it will be on, done and dusted.  Yippee, I am going to be able to mark something off my list. Now, what shall I put on in its place?


This light outside was a bit bright.  I might try taking one indoors tomorrow so you can see the quilting a little better although the close up is good.  I was quite pleased the way it came up.  I basically just did what the pattern showed, but filled in the blocks a little more and left the borders more open.  Decided it worked OK.
Then I loaded this little panel with a border for Janice, a customer whose quilts I have been quilting for quite a few years now.  Was going to just do a panto but might do a little playing with it just for the practice.


Because I had been such a good girl, I rewarded myself with some play time and got up to date with the Scrappy Challenge I am doing.


I made two Shaded 9 patch blocks and one Contrary Wife block.  I really like the way the sit together so think I might make another one tomorrow and join them into one big block.

Loverly fun just to sit and stitch.  Anzac Day tomorrow and have another quilt top arriving in the afternoon.  Suddenly the queue has grown - 3 arrived in today as well.

Nice talking to you again.  Take care over this long weekend and see you again soon.

blessings
Clare



No comments:

Post a Comment