Thursday 17 April 2014

The scrapping folly continues...

Easter - "For God so loved the world that he gave is only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3: 16-17

For some strange reason, all this rain we are having has created this urge in me to tidy up and rearrange my stash.  Of course, with the house on the market, there comes the necessity to merge my stashes!!  This is part of the problem as it is starting to make me aware of how much fabric and projects I possess.  What a terrible thing for a quilter to have to do.  One stash is over at the shop building and the other one is in my house.  Mmmm.... going to be interesting.





A quite large pile of leftover triangles.  These came from a dear friend who passed away some years ago.  I finished off a couple of quilts for Elizabeth's family and these leftovers were donated to my stash.  There are some nice fabrics in there.  The little fussy cut squares in the front are left over from a quilt I made for my eldest son almost 20 years ago.  He was living and working in Japan at the time I think...must ask him if he still has it.
I emptied out some old papers from the shop and commandeered this small file cabinet for my stash rearrangement purposes.  Wow, that sounds intelligent doesn't it?  In the bottom drawer that I managed to cut out of the picture, I have put my collection of 500yd King Tut threads. The odd blocks are going to be fun sometime soon.  There are all sorts in there so goodness knows what they will turn into.


Look what I found in my box!!! A whole string of tiny little half square triangles all stitched together.  Plus lots of other sundry triangles and odds and sods in the bottom.  My HST jars are going to fill up fast at this rate.


This pile were even pressed and some of them squared up.  Such organisation is amazing.


Then there is this friendly fellow...goes by the name of my husband Kerry.  As part of our down sizing and clearing out....guess what he bought in Dannevirke yesterday?



Just what we always needed, another two sewing machines in undecided condition to add to his collection.  Oh dear, it is just as well we dont have to move very far.  I think it must be about 15 metres from our back door to the back door of our shop building lol. (I think that is about 45 feet).

So there you have it.  Life in the Moore household over the past few days.  The rain has persisted and we have had some quite heavy downpours today, with the wind getting up a bit tonight.  We will be pleased when this ex-tropical cyclone has gone on its way.  Mind you, we did need a good soaking, but time to get dry and warm and let the grass grow for winter feed for our farmers.

We are planning to drive up to Rotorua in the morning and go visit our new great-granddaughter Zoe Frances, born on Monday afternoon weighing in at 7lb 9oz.  Makes us feel so old, but the Mum is quite young...well that is our excuse and we are sticking to it.

Have a great Easter everyone.  Travel safely and thanks for reading.

Blessings
Clare




No comments:

Post a Comment