Friday 9 May 2014

Progess on The Sunshine Quilt and my 50th post!!!!

Got my act together and finally got started on Colleen's quilt. This is such a fresh quilt that reminds you of a sunshiney day. Here we are getting ready to load it.  My good friend Colleen has made this for her daughter Renee who lives over in Brisbane, Australia, so the colours are perfect for such a hot part of the world.


The border fabric is very busy, so I used a So fine clear yellow to just outline the large shapes.  For the applique I am using So Fine 401 White to outline and fill in.  Having fun with these.



In the brick columns I am doing feathers and really like how it is coming out.






Here is a view over to the border.  The black and white spot sashing I am doing a sequence of large, medium and small circles using So Fine Black.  Very hard to see.


You can just see a peak of the backing fabric which is a lovely black on white scroll fabric.  I almost made a major mistake in cutting the backing to size.  It is very skinny on the sides but couldn't cut another piece as this was the last big piece of the bolt.  Must be more careful.


Will be quilting most of tomorrow to get this one finished in time for Colleen to put in the local club exhibition.

I'm off to try and do a few more corners on my scrap quilt using my Featherweight that is working so well.


Thanks a heap for reading and see you again soon.



Blessings
Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment