Saturday 3 May 2014

Saturday snippets...

Had a lovely time quilting this little bordered panel for Janice a long time customer who is a friend now too.  Decided not to use a pantograph but to have a go at a freehand all over.  Very pleased with how it turned out and so was Janice.

I rather enjoyed myself actually.
Another view

Love this King Tut 937 variegated thread - it's lovely baby colours but not too wishy washy.


Pink dots on the back to make it a complete wee girl's quilt.






I was in Hastings on Wednesday, and felt it was high time I visited Christine in her new quilt shop Delbrook Quilt Company.  What a lovely selection of fabrics she has, and I couldn't resist a couple of little fat eighths for my Farmers Wife collection, and needed the pink for a block challenge I'm doing.  You can visit this lovely quilt shop here



Well that's it for today.  Tomorrow we leave for Auckland and hope to get back late on Monday.  It is supposed to be raining in the big city on Monday darn it.  All that traffic plus rain too. Us country hicks will have a few hair raising moments no doubt.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Blessings
Clare



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilting, and love the variegated thread. Lovely baby quilt, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete