Saturday 17 May 2014

Squaring up the scrap quilt blocks

One of the things I find so tedious is squaring all the small blocks that make up the whole.  I should of course just begin squaring up as I go, but I tend to be enjoying the stitching too much.  Next time I tell myself.  So of course this is what I end up with....the pile on the left all need to be squared and the pile on the right are done!!!


Then I thought I had better get my act together and make my block for Eve's quilt in the Paper Bag Challenge.  I really like the way Eve's colours came together.  It is definitely going to be a vibrant quilt.


I love the symmetry of this camelia that I picked today.  There have not been many blooms on this shrub this year, but they are so pretty.


And I couldn't resist a photo of our Gleditsia tree in its autumn glory.


And then there are these....two of my delicious grandchilren...vbg...


Aren't they adorable...well....I have to say that...I'm their Nana.

And just one more thing.  Yesterday Kerry and I travelled down to East Taratahi, which is just south of Masterton to our friends Lorraine and Bryce.  We met up with son Richard and Kea and the blokes then had a session selecting some wonderful oak timber for Richard to make a kitchen table for themselves.  Here is a sample of how this lovely honey blonde timber looks like.



This morning Kea and I went down the road to visit the local Waipukurau Arts & Crafts Exhibition before they headed back to Wellington.  It was a lovely display of their work which included quilting, embroidery, spinning and felting, painting and garden plants.  Bought a couple of bits for my garden and forgot to take photos...duh.

Well, that's it for now.  I'm off to start on that pile of squaring up.  I am going to tackle it 10 at a time I think.  Hope you all had a great weekend.

Blessings
Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment