Thursday 5 June 2014

Friday Fripperies on Thursday!!!!

As we are off to Wellington tomorrow afternoon, thought I should catch you all up to date as I never worry about taking my laptop.  Our son Richard works at Weta Digital as an animator and has lots of computers at his place.  We are going to be busy cleaning up the garden and stuff to help out.

Today I finished Sue's lovely scrap quilt.  It reminds me of oceans/summer/bright & breezy this quilt as the colours are so lovely.  There are lots of wee one inch squares and Sue has made a really good job in her colour choices.

Aren't they lovely?  Well pieced too.


Doesn't this one look so bright and gay.  I used a gorgeous lime green So Fine over the top with a soft purple Nature's Colours on the bottom.  First time I had tried this in the bobbin, but I didn't have a nice soft purple in my Bottomline or So Fine.  Decided to give it a go and this lovely Nolting handled it well.  A few issues to start with but changed the needle size and altered both tensions and we were away.

The pattern was Deco from Lorien Quilting.  Nice and easy and was a good size in balance with the quilt.

While Kerry was demonstrating a sewing machine yesterday I was unable to quilt due to the noise, so I found this sample of quilting from a class a year or two ago...it happens.  Decided to turn it into a cushion and was going great guns.  Turned it out and discovered I had not checked if I had right sides together....duh!  Unpicked, resewn and now all done.  Yippee.... another finished thing.

Then had a rush of blood to the head and decided to try out one of the Farmer's Wife blocks...


Sorry about the red background.  This was of course one of the most simplest blocks you could find, but I have made a start!

That's it from me.  I hope you all have wonderful weekends.  We are looking forward to being in the "big smoke" tomorrow as we love Wellington.


Blessings
Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment